Evensong XIII (22 April 2024)

Some notes on returning to Los Angeles.


 

An image of a street with shadows of tree foliage in orange sunlight on the pavement in the foreground. The top third of the photo is a concrete curb with a driveway. There is a patch of grass above the curb and green plants climbing the embankment of the driveway.


  1. At the house in the valley a man named Ever works to repair damage from the atmospheric rivers. The sky is falling.
  2. A side quest of three+ years traveling has been to acquire a library card from each place I end up staying in for more than a few days. After unpacking on Thursday I put a hold on Gaston Bachelard’s The Poetics of Space. I want to know what this text will tell me about myself, a displaced person who has lost her home to a hurricane. I have no structural space and I think Bachelard will tell me that I am living the poetics. Maybe I don’t need Bachelard to tell me this; I think I need his work to support my theory of myself.
  3. Octavia Butler two times already. This one a knock on the brain: “All that you touch you Change. All that you Change Changes you. The only lasting truth is Change. God is Change.” I have a reading date with a friend in July to read Parable of the Sower together, since the story takes place in July 2024. We will read the future in the present.
  4. Pick up a copy of Dwell Time: A Memoir of Art, Exile and Repair by Rosa Lowinger.
  5. Go back to annotating everything.
  6. Research Thomas Berry.
  7. On turning left in the temple instead of right. Bereaved pilgrims walk counter clockwise. Spiral back, spiral back, spiral back…
  8. Characters of the alphabet were originally animal shapes.
  9. If you’re in it, in the art of it, then you’re in it.
  10. Ideas are keys. We need to develop and share our ideas to help each other unlock all the doors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evensong X (19 February 2024)

Evensong I (12 December 2023)

Evensong V (25 December 2023)