Evensong XIV (5 June 2024)

 

  1. When the clouds come in, swelling moisture ready to give, I see the spiders net their webs together, mirroring the density of the sky, fortifying their spaces by relying on each other. 



    A golden orb weaver spider in Colombia sits at the center of a thick, white web that's attached to deep green fauna. The sky in the background is also thick and white with clouds gathering for a rainstorm. 



  2. It isn’t a Monday, but it is a moon day, and I am still mystified. 

  3. Is it the drag of the paper or the drag of the pen that reminds me I am holding on even when I’m writing myself off?

  4. Chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp alarm or alert or steady telling the order of the moment containing the chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp

  5. I could go on forever but the good news is we won’t survive any of this except maybe the things we make will still be knowable if we take care to put the record online. 

  6. Why is September the 9th month instead of the 7th and October the 10th month instead of the 8th and November the 11th month instead of the 9th and December the 12th month instead of the 10th?

  7. I can sit inside a question and be okay with not knowing the answer. 

  8. I drive to the places where Sophia isn’t dead and when I have to drive back to the place where she is dead I am practicing living without her. 

  9. It is a relief when practice is over. 

  10. There is a flashlight that has enough lumens to put out a streetlight, like holding the sun in your hand. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evensong X (19 February 2024)

Evensong I (12 December 2023)

Evensong V (25 December 2023)